The Campbellford-Seymour Heritage Centre has extensive research material that can help genealogical researchers.
Anyone wishing to do family research is invited to visit the Centre during business hours:
Research Fee: Initial full day visit or Email Query is $20 or $10 per half day.
The volunteers at the centre can be reached at:
Campbellford-Seymour Heritage Society
P. O. Box 1294
113 Front St. N.
The Centre has a good general reference library for genealogical research as well as an extensive collection of local histories from Northumberland, Peterborough, and Hastings/Prince Edward Counties. Some resources more specific to the local area include the following:
Links to available Research Holdings:
- 1802-1850 Newcastle District Census and Assessment
- 1825-1847 District of Newcastle, Percy and Seymour Township, Census and Assessments
- 1842 Canada West Census, including Seymour
- 1849-1870 Seymour and Percy Township Assessments and Collectors Rolls
- 1848 Seymour Census
- 1851 Seymour Census
- 1861 Seymour Census
- 1861 Murray, Percy, and Northumberland Agricultural Census
- 1871 Seymour and Percy Census
- 1881 Cramahe, Colborne, Brighton, Brighton Township, Murray, Percy, Warkworth, Seymour, Campbellford, Hastings Census
- 1891 Seymour Census
- 1891 Campbellford Census
- 1901 Village of Campbellford Census
- 1901 Campbellford Village and Seymour Census
- 1901 Rest of Seymour
- 1851 Seymour Census, indexed
- 1861 City of Kinston and Frontenac County Census
- 1871 Index to Heads of Household Census - Northumberland County
- 1871 Index to Heads of Household Census – Hastings/Prince Edward County
- 1891 Seymour, Percy, Campbellford Census, indexed
- 1901 Seymour Census
- 1901 Campbellford Census
- Over 10,700 articles, documents, and photographs, fully searchable including Women's Institute, Loyal Orange Lodge, Chamber of Commerce, Public Library, Campbellford Fair, Campbellford Horticultural Society, and the Municipality.
Municipal Documents 1856-1965
- Over 3000, fully searchable.
- Bailey Studio, Frank Linton Collection, E.G. Patrick Slides, Helen Wood Collection.
Newspaper: Campbellford Herald
- Dec. 23, 1873 – Dec. 24, 1996, indexed to 1972 for Births, Marriages, Deaths, and Special Events.
- Computerized Land Records Index, both Nominal and Township Records
- 8 Binders of Obituary Clippings - Indexed Alphabetically
- Burial Records, Weaver’s Funeral Home -1965-1997 (also on computer), St. John's United Church, Christ Church Anglican, Mount Pleasant Cemetery, St. Mary's Roman Catholic Cemetery, Burnbrae Cemetery, English Line Cemetery.
LACAC Historical Homes:
- Computerized File of Trent Hills Heritage Homes - over 400 homes in Campbellford, Seymour, Warkworth, Hastings, and Percy Township.
- Seymour Township
- Cramahe Township
- Percy Township
- Mount Pleasant, Campbellford
- St. Mary's, Campbellford
- Haldimand, Murray, Sidney, and Belmont Townships
- Rawdon Township
Computer Database - Cemsearch
- Early Methodist Episcopal Records, 1805-1853
- Wesleyan Methodist Hastings County Records, 1840-1902
- Wesleyan Methodist:
- Seymour Township, 1845-1866
Brighton Township, 1854-1902
Percy Township, 1844-1898
Murray Township, 1842-1884
Cramahe Township, 1843-1899
- St. Andrew’s Presbyterian, Campbellford, and Burnbrae, 1852-1872
- Wesleyan Methodist City of Kingston and Kingston Township, 1844-1876
- Christ Church, Anglican, Campbellford.
- Rev. Joshua Webster (Wesleyan Methodist – Smithfield), 1836-1861
- Colborne District, 1839-1858
- Upper Canada/Canada West ( Victoria District), 1839-1858
- Rev. Robert Neill (Presbyterian), 1840-1878
- St. Andrew’s Presbyterian (Burnbrae) 1858-1886
- Northumberland County, Vol. 9, 1858-1869
- Prince Edward County, Vol. 3, 1858-1869
- Hastings County, Vol. 5, 1858-1969
- Peterborough County, Vol. 24, 1858-1969
- Baptist Church, Brighton
- Tabernacle Church (Bible Christian, Methodist), 1858-1912
- Christ Church Anglican, 1849-1890
Surrogate Court Index:
- Hastings & Prince Edward County, Vol. 2: 1859-1900
- Northumberland & Durham Counties, Vol. 4: 1859-1900
- Peterborough County, Vol. 17: 1859-1900
- Voter's List - Township of Seymour: 1935
- Voter's List - Township of Seymour: 1936
- Voter's List - Town of Campbellford: 1886 -1972
Maps and Atlases:
- Belden's 1878 - Northumberland County
- Belden's 1878 - Hastings / Prince Edward County